- 1 Registrant Type
- 2 Activity Selector
- 3 Profile
- 4 Review
- 5 Confirmation
Update: Street Fair Registration has been extended until the end of February as of 2/24. Payment Deadlines and rules will remain the same.
Update: Street Fair Registration sign up deadline has been extended until 2/22 as of today 2/16. Payment Deadlines are remaining the same.
- Construction Areas: This year more construction is planned to be taking place along Water St. limiting available vendor space here. We will also be extending down Front St. further south, with more attractions happening on Front St. it is becoming a prime area for foot traffic.
- The Multicultural & Music Stage will be moved from Water St to the corner of 2nd and Market St this year.
- Booth Rates have changed please see below.
- Deadlines: The deadlines have changed for applications and payments to be in, please see below.
- Street Fair Zone Businesses: Brick and Mortar Businesses located downtown with in the Street Fair Zone on Front and Water St. can participate as a vendor in the Street Fair at a reduced rate. And these businesses will be granted if possible a booth directly in front of thier store front. We will only be accepting 10 registrants for this special opportunity this year. Must register by the end of October to qualify.
- Arts and Commercial Vendors will be able to select their desired booth section. The Street Fair has been divided up into 6 Sections. Once a vendor is approved they will be alble to choose their preferred location from one of the 6 sections. Booth Section placement will be done on a first come first serve basis determined by full booth payment in. Booth locations are never guarunteed even if early payment is in, however the committee will do their best to accomodate everyone and it is more likely that you will get the diesired area if your full booth payment is in early.
- The current 2017 Street Fair Planning Map is located at the bottom of the page. This layout is still under revision and subject to change due to external factors such as construction or other logistical complications.
- Fill out and complete the online application, which is submitted to the North Carolina Azalea Festival Street Fair Committee, along with a non-refundable $25.00 mandatory application fee.
- Applications will not be considered unless application fee is in and all photos are included.
- Once vendor has been accepted an email will be sent with information.
- Arts and Commercial vendors ONLY: Early sign-ups will receive early registration discount of $25.00 per booth. Not applicable to Food Vendors, 501c3 Vendor Rates, or Businesses located in the Street Fair Zone for the Street Fair Zone Rate.
- Any commercial vendor who applies and is accepted as Arts and Crafts will pay the Commercial vendor fee of $500/booth the day of the festival.
- Incomplete applications will not be accepted into the festival.
- Payment must be made online with credit card, mailed in, or called into the Festival Office if necessary by the deadlines listed or you will forfeit your space.
- All Vendors must provide a COI (Certificate of Insurance) for the event covering the dates of the Street Fair with a minimum coverage of $1,000,000.00. Any vendor sampling or selling alcohol must have a COI covering $2,000,000.00. This can be turned in after you are accepted. You can get a 3-day policy to cover the event for $65 from Harold Wells Insurance 1 N 3rd St, Wilmington, NC 28401. Phone:(910) 762-8551.
- Also, remember to get your North Carolina Sales Tax ID Number if you don't already have one. This can be obtained by filling out an NC-BR Form by going online to the NC Department of revenue and downloading the NC-BR Form or completing the form online. The website to the NC Department of Revenue is: www.dornc.com. You can also call the NC Department of Revenue for information on this at 1-877-252-3052.
The following must be turned in after accepted to be a vendor. If the following items are not turned in after you are accepted, you will risk losing your space.
Arts & Commercial Vendors:
- Booth Payment – turned in after accepted by deadlines below.
- Current copy of liability insurance – turned in before or after accepted
- Current North Carolina sales tax number (must be from North Carolina, no exceptions)
- Booth Payment – turned in after accepted by deadlines below.
- Current Copy of liability insurance – can be turned in after accepted
- Current NC sales tax number (must be from North Carolina, no exceptions) – can be submitted after accepted.
- Health Department Permits (Do not turn Permit in. An inspection by the Health Department will be done on your booth Friday of the Festival.) Please contact Jeff at the New Hanover County Health Department with any questions regarding this (910) 798-6500.
ARTS AND COMMERCIAL VENDORS
Early Registration: October 1st – October 31st: $25 discount on booths for Arts & Commercial type only (Not applicable to Food Vendors, 501c3 Organizations paying discounted rate, or the organizations registering for the Businesses in the Street Fair Zone Rate)
Regular Registration: November 1st – February 15th
Must submit application by October 31st to qualify for discount. Must submit application by February 15th to be in Street Fair.
*PAYMENT: If accepted must pay by November 15th or within 2 weeks of acceptance if approved after Nov 1st. *PAYMENT: If accepted must pay by Feb 28th or within 2 weeks of acceptance if accepted after Feb 15th.
If payment is not received by these deadlines you will not receive discount IF payment is not received by these deadlines you may not be able to participate in the Street Fair as you will forfeit your space to someone else. If you are permitted to still be in the Street Fair you will have to pay a late fee of $75
Regular Registration: October 1st – February 15th (Must submit application by February 15th to be in Street Fair.)
Approvals for food vendors will begin on February 15th
DEFINITION OF VENDOR TYPES
Arts and Crafts vendors: This designation is reserved for a vendor who creates, makes or produces their own items for sale and is not a brick and mortar business.
**Any vendor reselling items (i.e. wholesale or second hand) will be considered a Commercial Vendor. We do not accept thrift items or knock offs.)
Commercial Vendor: The following are classified as Commercial Business, but Commercial Businesses are not limmited to these classifications. Additionally, if you create your own product but have a store you are considered to be a Commercial Vendor:
• Investment counseling
• Cable, satellite TV
• Personal electronics
• Telephone service
Health: fitness and medical-related
• Medical and life insurance sales
• Pain relief
• Health/Fitness clubs, training
• Dermatology, cosmetic surgery
• Musical, voice training, dance
• Self defense
• Dog obedience
• Realtors, brokers
• Housing developments
Residential / Commercial Services:
• Kitchen / bath remodeling
• Windows, doors
• Water heaters, water purification systems
• Security systems
• Built-in storage systems
• Synthetic turf
Retail and Chain Stores:
• Warehouse clubs
• Home improvement / hardware
• Department stores
• Retail Stores (Includes resale)
VENDOR BOOTH FEES
|Vendor Type||Single|| |
|Food Vendor (Includes Electric):||$850 (10x10 booth)||$1600 (20x20 booth)|
|Arts and Artisans Vendor:||$300 (10X10 booth)||$600 (10x20 booth)|
|Commercial Vendor:||$600 (10x10 booth)||$1200 (10x20 booth)|
|501c-3 Non-Profit Organization: (Only 10 will be accepted at this rate, first applied and approved. Others will pay Arts & Crafts Fee.)||$100 (10x10 booth) only.|
|Downtown Businesses inside Street Fair Zone: (Businesses in the SF Zone that would like to participate as a vendor. **We will try and place your booth as close as possible to your store front and you will receive a discount on cost. Must be within Street Fair Zone!! Only 10 will be accepted at this special opportunity this year. Must apply by the end of October.)||$200 (10x10 booth) only.|
ELECTRIC HOOKUP (Arts & Comm. Vendors)
1st 120 V Circuit $50
Day of festival without prior approval $75
Each Additional 120 V $35
*Arts & Commercial vendors ONLY: Early sign-ups will receive early registration discount of $25.00 per booth. To receive the early registration discount, a complete application must be received by October 31st and full booth/electricity payment must be received by November 15th or within 2 weeks of approval if approved after November 15th.
All non-profit booths are required to submit a 501-c 3 form with application, along with a mission statement. All non-profit booths will be required to pay the application fee of $100, no exceptions. Non-profit booths must adhere to the Street Fair policy, including schedule, display requirements, no pets allowed, and no selling food of any kind
All applicants, including non-profits, must occupy their booths at all times during Festival Street Fair operating hours. Participants who fail to continually occupy their booth(s) will be prohibited from participating in future North Carolina Azalea Festival events.
• Friday 6pm-10pm (optional for Arts & Comm. Vendors)
• Saturday, 10am – 6pm (6pm-10pm optional for Arts and Comm. Vendors)
• Sunday, 10am – 6pm.
• Food Vendors must operate Friday 6pm-10pm, Saturday 10am- 10pm, and Sunday 10am-6pm.
ELECTRICITY (Arts and Crafts and Commercial Vendors)
The Festival has a limited amount of electrical capacity. Please review this section carefully to determine the correct amount of electricity that you need to secure your booth. NOTE: Maximum power per vendor booth is 50amps. Power is NOT included with booth space. However, with prior approval, quiet generators may be permitted. Electrical power is available only in certain locations within the venue, and is not guaranteed to be available to participants unless they specifically request it, pay the mandatory electrical fee of $50.00 with their application, and bring a 100’ electrical cord and equipment. Any vendor using or requesting electricity the day of the festival without prior approval will be charged a $75 fee. All cords and equipment must have grounds and must meet approval of on-site electrician (capable of carrying the amperage needed for the specific appliance, no exposed wiring or tape, no overloading with multi-plug adapters, etc). Because power must be shared with other participants and temporary power loss at such events is not uncommon, participants should be prepared for occasional power issues including surges, outages, etc. and protect any sensitive equipment with surge protectors, etc. No electrical cords or lights will be provided by the North Carolina Azalea Festival at Wilmington, Inc.
FOOD & ALCOHOL SAMPLING
Any vendor selling food items who intend to provide samples must have a temporary health permit and be inspected by the New Hanover County Health Department. Please review their website for an application and display your health permit at the festival. The New Hanover County Health Department will inspect booths Friday at 6pm and has the authority to shut down any booth that provides food samples without a permit.
Beer and Wine vendors are expected to have and must show proof of their ABC permits. Wine may only be sold by the bottle, not the glass and tasting is permitted to guests 21 and over.
New Hanover County Health Department permit application costs and rules website.
Power and water hook-ups will be provided to Food vendors ONLY. All cords and equipment must have grounds and must meet approval of on-site electrician (capable of carrying the amperage needed for the specific appliance, no exposed wiring or tape, no overloading with multi-plug adapters, etc). Because power must be shared with other participants and temporary power loss at such events is not uncommon, participants should be prepared for occasional power issues including surges, outages, etc. and protect any sensitive equipment with surge protectors, etc. No electrical cords or lights will be provided by the North Carolina Azalea Festival at Wilmington, Inc. Commercial cooking operations shall comply with all local Fire Department regulations. If there are cooking operations being conducted in an area, a minimum of 10lb ABC dry chemical fire extinguisher must be present. If the cooking operation also includes the use of deep fryers, a Class K fire extinguisher, in addition to the dry chemical must be present.
ACCEPTANCE / SPACE ASSIGNMENTS
For the benefit of our participants and attendees, we will make every effort to limit excessive duplication of items offered for sale; however, we do not guarantee exclusivity. The North Carolina Azalea Festival at Wilmington, Inc. reserves the right to reject any application due to duplication. Digitally reproduced items or reproductions of works already created are prohibited. The North Carolina Azalea Festival at Wilmington, Inc. reserves the discretion to not allow items to be sold which are different than what was listed on the original application, as well as the discretion to limit commercially manufactured work.
You will be notified after review of your application to advise whether you have been tentatively accepted or denied a space at the Street Fair. No application will be considered fully accepted until full amount due is received, along with the other requirements listed above. Space assignments will be determined solely by the North Carolina Azalea Festival Street Fair Committee. Once space assignments are assigned, they cannot be changed, no exceptions. Space assignment, unloading permit with designated unloading time, final site map, directions to the Street Fair and participant parking areas will be provided to you within two weeks of the event. In order to ensure a well-balanced, aesthetically-pleasing and interesting Street Fair, the North Carolina Azalea Festival at Wilmington, Inc. has full discretion concerning vendor placement and reserves the right to limit the number of spaces for any one particular type of products/services and reserves the right to change or substitute participant spaces, maintaining diversity and quality of the Street Fair. The Festival also reserves the right to reassign vendor spaces throughout the Festival weekend. Booths moved without permission of the Street Fair Committee, will results in vendors being asked to immediately leave the Festival and the loss of future participation in the Festival.
SET-UP & CHECK IN
Food vendors only: Setup will be on Friday from 7:00 am to 5:00 pm.
Artists and Artisans/Commercial vendors: Setup will be on Friday from 7:00 am to 5:00 pm.
Due to time constraints and organization, any Artists and Artisans/Commercial vendors that arrive before noon on Friday, April 8th may be required to wait until 12:00pm to set up. All vendors must be checked in at the command center on Friday by 6:00pm or your space will be reassigned by the North Carolina Azalea Festival at Wilmington, Inc. with no refund. Committee volunteers will be stationed at each block to assist with proper location setup. You may want to ask a friend to accompany you for the set-up phase, to either park your vehicle or to stay with your equipment and merchandise while you park. All participants MUST have their delivery vehicles off the street no later than 5:00 pm on Friday.
Tents are required for all spaces. Participants are responsible for providing their own tent/table/chair set-up, all other materials, and for setting up their own displays. The North Carolina Azalea Festival at Wilmington, Inc. only provides the booth space. Vendors are encouraged to bring hand carts to transport additional product to their booth during the weekend. No vehicles will be allowed on the streets after 5 pm Friday until take down Sunday at 6:00 pm.
Only one vehicle pass will be issued per vendor to our dedicated lots. Vendors must indicate on the application the vehicle type needed for a parking permit. Oversize vehicle parking is limited and will only be allowed in designated lots. Parking passes must be displayed in all vehicles or they will be towed. Public parking decks will not honor any parking passes.
Approved vendors will receive a Vendor License that must be displayed on the outside of the tent, in the upper right front corner of your booth clearly visible from the street, at all times. Vendor Licenses will be provided at check in on Friday.
Overnight security will be provided to monitor the venue, but participant property is left at participant’s risk. Participants are encouraged to secure display and booth set-ups and remove valuable items when they tear down each evening. The North Carolina Azalea Festival at Wilmington, Inc. and the City of Wilmington assume no liability for lost, stolen or damaged property.
In order to maintain the orderly movement of the crowd, merchandise may not project into walkways or neighboring display spaces. All sales, conducting or demonstrations, distribution of written materials and any other commercial, promotional and charitable solicitation activities must be conducted within the participant’s pre-assigned display space. All vendor booths with be checked on Friday, Saturday and Sunday for quality control. Any vendor in violation will be asked to leave the Festival.
The North Carolina Azalea Festival at Wilmington, Inc. assumes no responsibility for items or displays. Merchandise should be displayed as tastefully as possible. No stolen merchandise, designer knock-offs, secondhand or “swap meet” items or those with lewd or vulgar content, amplified music, microphones, firearms, ammunition, drugs or drug paraphernalia are allowed at the Street Fair. Only pre-approved distributors with proper certifications will be permitted to sample or sell alcoholic beverages. These vendors are also required to provide a current Certificate of Insurance naming the North Carolina Azalea Festival at Wilmington, Inc. an Additional Insured, with at least a $2,000,000 liability. Violators will be expelled and fees will not be returned. The North Carolina Azalea Festival at Wilmington, Inc. reserves the right to refuse booth space to inappropriate or controversial organizations or vendors, and to remove any participant any time before or during the Street Fair in cases where: the participant is guilty of improper conduct; merchandise or display items are improper for family viewing; a participant hinders or encumbers another display or another participant’s ability to properly exhibit. Participants are strictly prohibited from allowing any other vendors to sell or promote goods/services from their assigned space.
As a vendor in the North Carolina Azalea Festival Street Fair, it is the expectation of the Street Fair Committee, that every person working in your booth will do their best to serve every guest with honor, dignity and respect. In addition, we expect vendors to treat other vendors as well as volunteers and members of the Street Fair Committee in the same manner. Our goal as a Committee is that you will join us to protect and build the long term viability of the Festival. Failure to comply with our hospitality expectations can result in vendors being asked to leave and not to participate in future years.
If at any point you believe you have been handled in a way that does not reflect the spirit of this hospitality agreement or you have seen other vendors act in a manner detrimental to the spirit of this agreement, we ask that you send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The Committee will review all submissions by the end of June.
All safety and fire regulations must be observed. Each participant is responsible for clean-up of their space. No trash that cannot fit inside standard trash cans provided may be left onsite. Dumping onto streets, lots, sidewalks or drains of any sort is prohibited, including: oils, grease, coals, ice, trash, etc.
The North Carolina Azalea Festival at Wilmington, Inc. reserves the right to remove any participant at any time before or during the Street Fair. There will be absolutely NO REFUNDS once you have been fully accepted as a participant, even in the event of rain or catastrophic event. Each participant is responsible for their own insurance, licenses and permits. Sales tax collection and payment to the State of North Carolina is the responsibility of the participant. Food vendors MUST enclose a copy of their current Health Department permit with their application. Absolutely NO pets are allowed in the Street Fair premises.
Participant hereby indemnifies and shall defend and hold harmless the City of Wilmington, the North Carolina Azalea Festival at Wilmington, Inc., its officers, employees and agents from and against any and all suits, actions, legal or administrative proceedings, claims, demands, damages, liabilities, monetary loss, interest, attorney’s fees, costs and expenses of whatsoever kind or nature arising out of the performance of their agreement, including those arising out of injury or death of participant’s employees or subcontractors, whether arising before, during or after completion of services hereunder and in any manner directly or indirectly caused, or contributed to in whole or in part, by reason of any act, omission, fault or negligence of participant or its employees, agents or subcontractors.
VENDOR POLICY ACCEPTANCE:
I have read this application and associated rules completely. I understand that the North Carolina Azalea Festival at Wilmington, Inc. has the right not to accept my application. If accepted, I will participate at my own risk, pay for and obtain a temporary business license from the City of Wilmington, and not hold the City of Wilmington, the North Carolina Azalea Festival at Wilmington, Inc., or any of its agents or representatives, liable for any loss or damage. If I do not comply with the event regulations or have misrepresented the goods/services I sell, I understand that I may be removed from the Street Fair without recourse, and may be denied acceptance to future Street Fairs.
Please contact the North Carolina Azalea Festival at Wilmington, Inc. directly at 910.794.2893 or the Street Fair Committee Chairs: email@example.com
STREET FAIR PLANNING MAP
This layout is still under revision and subject to change due to external factors such as construction or other logistical complications.
If you can not see the map please click this link.https://www.dropbox.com/s/q37hspqw8fyrob9/2017-SF-Planning-Map_v11.jpg?dl=0
Already have an account?Login